This page outlines how Brisbane Makeover Co. handles your personal information.
Brisbane Makeover Co.
This Policy was last reviewed and updated on : 12/09/2022
Dazz Interiors Pty Ltd Trading as Brisbane Makeover Co. [Organisation – referred to in this document as Brisbane Makeover Co.] values and respects the privacy of the people we deal with. Brisbane Makeover Co. is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. In general terms, this includes information or an opinion that personally identifies you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us or what you choose to share with us.
The personal information we collect about you may include:
- mailing or street address;
- date of birth;
- email address;
- phone number:
- Industry profession:
- Details about the sale of your home;
- details about your home;
Under certain circumstances, Brisbane Makeover Co. may need to collect sensitive information about you. This might include any information or opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health information.
If we collect your sensitive information, we will do so only with your consent, if it is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to life or health, or as otherwise required or authorised by law, and we take appropriate measures to protect the security of this information.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. Where possible, we will give you the option to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you choose to deal with us in this way or choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or otherwise interact with you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you:
- interact with us over the phone.
- interact with us in person.
- interact with us online.
- participate in surveys or questionnaires.
- attend a Brisbane Makeover Co. event.
- subscribe to our mailing list.
- apply for a position with us as an employee, contractor, or volunteer.
Collecting personal information from third parties
We may also collect your personal information from third parties or through publicly available sources, for example from realestate.com.au, RP Data or any other real estate sales source. We collect your personal information from these third parties so that we can better assist homeowners with their needs and requirements.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for many purposes in connection with our functions and activities, including the following purposes:
- provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- deliver to you a more personalised experience and service offering.
- improve the quality of the services we offer.
- internal administrative purposes.
- marketing and research purposes.
Why Style your Property for sale?
- Property styling helps to transform your property into an organised space.
- It helps to organise furnishings in a more sophisticated way.
- It helps in maximising & highlighting the iconic features to make your property more memorable.
- Property styling transforms the home from “living conditions” to “showing conditions” through the art of display.
- Luxury and large homes consume a lot of furniture. It becomes a task to show case the whole property well, but custom property styling covers you in such a scenario.
- It is a powerful influence on how many credible ultimate buyers your property attracts.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy in circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to disclose your information. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
● our third-party service providers (for example, removal contractors and professional art hangers);
● our marketing providers;
● our professional services advisors;
Transfer of personal information overseas
Some of the third-party service providers we disclose personal information to may be based in or have servers located outside of Australia. This includes online software and/or social media platform providers.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that data security and appropriate privacy practices are maintained. We will only disclose to overseas third parties if:
● you have given us your consent to disclose personal information to that third party; or
● we reasonably believe that:
● the overseas recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme that is, overall, substantially similar to the APPs; and the overseas recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme that is, overall, substantially similar to the APPs; and the law or binding scheme can be enforced; or the disclosure is required or authorised by an Australian law or court / tribunal order.
How do we protect your personal information?
Brisbane Makeover Co. will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is kept confidential and secure, including by:
● having a robust physical security of our premises and databases / records;
● taking measures to restrict access to only personnel who need that personal information to effectively provide services to you.
● having technological measures in place (for example, anti-virus software, fire walls);
Our website uses Google Analytics to help us better understand visitor traffic, so we can improve our services. Although this data is mostly anonymous, it is possible that under certain circumstances, we may connect it to you.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services, opportunities, or events that we consider may be of interest to you if you have requested or consented to receive such communications. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the instructions to “unsubscribe” set out in the relevant communication / contacting us using the details set out in the “How to contact us” section below.
In addition, we may also use your personal information or disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes of advertising, including online behavioural advertising, website personalisation, and to provide targeted or retargeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means that we will only retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us unless we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws, for example record-keeping obligations.
How to access and correct your personal information
Brisbane Makeover Co. will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up to date.
If you wish to make a request to access and / or correct the personal information we hold about you, you should make a request by contacting us and we will usually respond within 3 business days.
Links to third party sites
Brisbane Makeover Co’s website(s) may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you access a third-party website through our website(s), personal information may be collected by that third party website. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party provider or website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party provider or website. Third party providers / websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Inquiries and complaints
For complaints about how Brisbane Makeover Co. handles, processes, or manages your personal information, please contact Brisbane Makeover Co. Note we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your complaint.
Please allow up to 3 business days for Brisbane Makeover Co. to respond to your complaint. It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with Brisbane Makeover Co.’s response to a complaint, you have the right to contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (at www.oaic.gov.au/) to lodge a complaint.
How to contact us
If you have a question or concern in relation to our handling of your personal information or this Policy, you can contact us for assistance as follows:
Contact number :
1300 766 027
Attention: Brisbane Makeover Co.
Address: Unit 4 / 53-55 McCarthy Road
Brisbane, QLD, Australia 4107